Wednesday, October 28, 2020

BAALE IPAMESAN-OKE, OTA CLOCKS 2YEARS ON THE THRONE INSTALLS CHIEFS

 High Chief Komolafe Olatunji is the first Baale of Ipamesan Oke, Ota, of Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government, Ogun State will on Saturday, October 31st celebrates his second year anniversary on the stool as the Baale of Ipamesan-Oke He was installed on October 4th, 2018 by His Royal Majesty Oba Prof Adeyemi Obalanlege, the Olota of Otta, Awori Kingdom.

Ever since his installation as the first Baale of the community, Baale Komolafe has started to make positive contributions in the lives of his subjects and the community entirely.

The anniversary will kick start with visit to Ijamido Motherless Home and other two orphanage homes within the State. Follows by his visit to Olota of Ota, Oba Prof Adeyemi Obalanlege for his prayers and blessings.

Baale and his family with some notable members of the community will visit the community Shrine to offers prayers.

October 31st is the grandfinale when the Olota of Ota, Awori Kingdom will installs the new chiefs

Baale Komolafe was born into the family of Ogabi Elerinko royal family in Ota, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government, Ogun State.

He is from the Ogabi Elerinko’s royal family. Our progenitor owns the entire land.
He is a graduate of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Civil and Building Engineering. A Member of Council of Regulations Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Fellow with Nigerian Association of Engineering Craftsmen,  Chairman Lagos State Chapter Nigerian Association of Engineering Craftsmen,  General Secretary Senior Staff Association of Statutory Cooperation Government Own Companies, NPA HQS Branch

DAMATV: With this qualification, can we say this was what the family considered before they nominated you to Olota?
Well, the family knows what it takes to be a Baale. This does not mean whether you have money or not but I think the family want someone that can champion their course and be able to meet up with the demands of the stool thereby promoting the good image of the community and the entire family. Before I became Baale, I was part of Alatan of Atan-Otta chiefs. I am his Asoju Oba, but when the call came from the family to take over the leadership of Ipamesan Oke-Otta, I have no objection thanto come and serve my people. In respect to your question, all I know was that the family presented me to Olota for installation as Ipamesan Oke-Otta Baale.
Your relationship with Olota and what can you say about him?
Oba Prof. Adeyemi Obalanlege is my father, my king and the only person I bowed for. I have a good relationship with him. He made me the Baale of this community.
Olota of Otta is a Charismatic Oba, a ruler and leader par excellence. He remains the only Oba in Ogun State with Professorship qualification in a noble profession. He is the head of all Aworis. If you consider the way Kabiyesi administering this kingdom, you will know that this is a good Oba. Everybody wants to associate with him because of his liberalism, truthfulness, and his style of leadership. I want to tell you that nobody dares takes what belongs to Awori now because Awori now have an erudite person as an Oba.
How can you rate Olota’s performance?
This is an eye saw my brother. His ascension to the throne of his forefathers has brought many things to the Kingdom. There is peace in all Aworis towns; there is unity among the Obas, Baales. The indigenes and non-indigenes were living in peace. With his presence, Awori is save as nobody can take what is rightfully belongs to us.
Let’s talk about the marginalization of Awori. Recently, the youths were clamoring for the creation of Awori traditional Council, were you in support of this call?  
It is only a bastard of Awori that will not support the move. I am in total support of the creation of Awori Traditional Council. We are not Egbas neither are we Yewa. We are completely Awori. There is nothing like Yewa-Awori. We are Awori and we stand by that. What we deserve should be given to us. Awori must go. Awori contributed the largest percentage of the State Internally generated Revenue (IGR). All what we are saying is enough of marginalization of Aworis. What our youths are calling for is good and the authority concern must as a matter of urgency grant our request.
Don’t you think the issue of paramount ruler may cause brawl between Olofin of Ado, Olofin of Isheri and Olota of Otta.
There is unity among Awori Obas. No division at all. Ota is the capital of Awori. Recently, Ooni of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi appointed Olota to coordinate the affairs of Aworis, don’t forget we came from Ife. With this appointment, Olota remains the head of Aworis that is my submission.
What is the relationship between Ogun Aworis and Lagos Aworis
Very cordial. Aworis are one everywhere.
Tell us your achievements sir
With the help of God, my community has been enjoying relative peace. I have created CDAs for easy administration.  God has been helping me to settled rift amicably among my people without resulting to police or court issue.
We organize empowerment programme for my youths. We also try to put pallatives measure on our roads so that it will be motorable.
Awori Anglican Diocese has seen you as one of the lovers of gospel despite the fact that you are a devoted Muslim. It was recorded that you always defend St. Mary’s The Virgin, the Anglican church in your community from land grabbers and Omo-Onile especially whenever the church want to carry’s out construction job in the compound. What is the reason behind this sir?
Church and Mosque are praying ground. So, we should not go there to collect money wherever they are building God’s house. It is a sin against God to be asking church or mosque for many.
I heard that the church were planning to give you award for this kind gesture, how do you feel sir?
Let me tell you my brother, if I have not been kind, that is how the  former Vicar will equally write the comment for the incoming vicar to read, I thank God for appreciating my little efforts. I will be glad to receive the award anytime. Let me tell you, plans are going on to celebrate my second anniversary in that church as well.
Tell us your plans sir?
Part of my plans is to install new chiefs to join me in developing this town. My plan also is to create more jobs for my people and equally use my connection to facilitate government’s presence to the community. I am also trusting God that I will be crown as a King together with my brother at Ipamesan Isale.

No comments:

Post a Comment