Wednesday, July 1, 2020

OLOTA IS A LISTENING KING – PRINCE ADEWALE KOMOLAFE

A prince from Ota, Aworiland, Ogun State has described the paramount ruler of Aworiland, Oba Prof Adeyemi Obalanlege has a listening Oba. Speaking with The Voice Magazine yesterday in his house, Prince Adewale Komolafe, the head of Komolafe Elerinko royal family said, in his personal appraisal, the Olota of Ota is a king that is always concern about the emancipation of his people from whoever that wants to take them for granted or forcefully takes their rights.  Excerpt:



Many people know you as an Architect, a prince, a pastor and Ota indigene, though you reside in Lagos, can you please tell us more about yourself?

My name is Prince (Architect) Adewale Komolafe. I am from Elerinko Royal Family in Ijana quarters, Ota, Aworiland, Ogun State. Ogabi Elerinko royal family is the head of Ijana Quarters (Olori Ijana). Ogabi Elerinko has four children, out of which Komalafe is one of them. Olori Ijana is the next person to Ajana of Ijana Quarters.   My biological father was also one of the Olori Ijana (Head of Ijana). He reigned for 35years.
I attended Ansar Ud-Deen practising primary school for my elementary education. Thereafter, I proceeded to Iganmode Grammar School while I completed my secondary education at Anglican Grammar School, Ota. After I completed my secondary education, I went to study Architectural Draftsman under Owolabi Dada and Associates.
In furtherance of my educational prowess, I gained admission into Lagos State University, LASU, Ojo, Lagos State. I was born into a Muslim family but I got a new birth by giving my life to Christ in 1989, since then, by His grace, I have been in the faith.
I lived in Ikotun, Lagos. I have left Ota 35years ago. In all my traveling experience, I discovered that Aworis are one in diasporas. The fact is that, we don’t want to know where in Awori you come from, Ota, Isolo, Ipaja, Oto, Iba, Ikeja, name them, once we know you are Awori, we become one.

Now that you are back to Ota, your home town, how do you see the town? Is there any difference?

You don’t need someone to tell you that Ota is now a mega-city. The town has developed. We have development everywhere. Before, we use to fear of coming home, but now, nothing to fear again. As a matter of fact, Ota has a legacy. The name, Ota, goes a long way. Once I mention that I am from Ota, all I will be hearing is, Ota is our source.

I am sure the present Olota, Oba Prof Adeyemi Obalanlege would be the first Oba you meet on the throne after 35years of your sojourner out of Ota. What can you say about him?

I want to thank God that we have someone like Oba Prof Adeyemi Obalanlege as our Oba. He is a king that wants the best for his town and his people. Anywhere he finds himself, he loves to protect Ota heritage and culture, the people and their interest. He is a listening Oba, he hates cheating and all his desire is to see Ota growing.

You are the head of Komolafe Elerinko royal family, what can you say about Baale Jamiu Komolafe, the Baale of Ipamesan-Oke?

Baale Jamiu Komolafe is my cousin. He is somebody I love and cherish so much not because of his position but because he has always being there for the family especially when some of us were outside the town. He stood on his ground and defends our common cause. He is trying his best and my prayers for him are that God will continue to guide and direct him, give him wisdom to be able to administer justice with the fear of God in his community. Good health and wealth, God shall give unto him.



2 comments:

  1. Olori ebi 1, I appreciate you almighty will guide you to pilot the cadle of Komolafe family to greater height, love you my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olori ebi 1, I appreciate you almighty will guide you to pilot the cadle of Komolafe family to greater height, love you my brother.

    ReplyDelete