Saturday, June 20, 2020

Political Evolution in Ondo State

When I threw my hat into the ring, I was completely oblivious of any political calculations at the time but found out belatedly that the prevailing 'trend' in this election cycle is to have the governor from the south and Ilaje to be precise.


The AAC State Chair and all I have had discussions with can bear me witness, that I have said on numerous times the need to elect that person with the best vision as our candidate in order to have a clearer path to Alagbaka. It is even more important, for the fidelity of that vision to pass the litmus tests to be acceptable.

There are several considerations in deciding every facet of human endeavours and I will limit my response to this crucial matter arising. Where the demographic of a candidate for office at executive and perhaps at all levels has always mattered in Nigeria.

We must remember that we are a country of many nations, every state in the country shares the same diversity. Before we say these,  that it won't happen abroad', let me remind us what I have always said to this; 'every/most international system requires local adaptations', especially where there is a culture clash.

We should all educate ourselves about the importance of strategy and what is going on today in the United States is a clear example, Joe Biden decided to have a female vice presidential candidate, a sentiment I have shared long before him. Recently, Amy Klobaucher, a front runner to be vice took herself out of the reckoning seeing the importance of race in this race.

As a matter of fact, I had once advised an aspirant and a candidate, who were both from the south and Christians to consider a Muslim woman from the north to give them a better chance of winning.

 I will also remind us that a free electorate are more sensitive to zoning and where politicians fail to agree to that demand the voters correct with their votes. Do not let us kid ourselves, zoning complements merit.

In closing, let me simply say, "Fiat justitiat ruat caelum".

Agbajo owo l'afins'oya,
Ajo maa se ni.

Adekunle Adeleye,
AAC Governorship Aspirant, Ondo State.

No comments:

Post a Comment